LCD TVs use Liquid Crystal Displays, which are cheaper to produce than OLEDs (see below). As with all types of digital screens, they can be upscaled when displaying content that has a lower resolution than the panel’s native one (all HDTVs have this feature). The screen refresh rate refers to how many times per second the picture on your TV is updated—the higher it is, the less blurriness you’ll see.
- OSD Language
- USB Play is a technology that enables you to play media files stored on a USB device by connecting the device to the TV. In this way, you can enjoy your favorite content without using an external storage device such as a hard disk drive or memory card.
- The connected USB device will be formatted and may be updated with new firmware automatically (if supported). If there are any problems during the formatting process, please contact our service center for assistance.
- The TV is connected to another network-enabled peripheral (such as Blu-ray Disc player) via Ethernet cable4 Picture Mode You can select one of four picture modes: Custom, Standard, Cinema and Sports
This is a tv 29 inch that uses HDMI as its video interface. The HDMI standard is able to carry HD (high-definition) video, which means you can watch content with much more detail and clarity than before. This is especially true for Blu-ray players, gaming consoles and set-top boxes that support it. Other interfaces include:
- Component – These are three separate RCA connectors on the back of your TV that provide a clear picture if you’re using an older device that doesn’t have an HDMI input. It also works well with most modern devices but doesn’t offer any additional benefits over those offered by HDMI connections.
- Composite AV – A yellow composite cable carries audio along with video signals through one single wire, making this ideal if there isn’t enough space between your equipment or behind your television stand due to other cables running through them or if an existing setup requires extra power supply lines coming off from where things are plugged in horizontally instead vertically.
Composite, HDMI, Component, RF-antenna/cable
These are the main types of AV ports on a TV. Composite is a single cable that carries all audio and video signals in one wire. You can use it for any device that has RCA or phono connectors. HDMI lets you connect your devices to the TV using only one cable. It transmits both audio and video signals via optical fiber cables at the same time.
This means there’s no delay between when you see something happen on screen and hear its accompanying sound; they happen together instead of being delayed like they would be over composite cables or an RF signal. Component lets you send two different signals at once: one each for luma (brightness) and chroma (color).
This allows for better picture quality than composite could ever dream of producing since it uses separate wires for each color instead of having them bundled together into one cable like composite does
Sony is a brand that has made a name for itself in the TV market, with its high-quality products, attention to detail and long list of features. The Sony KD55XE9005B 55 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Android TV is one such product which offers everything you could want from a modern LCD panel.